Salary: £32,500 per annum, DOE
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
Type of Work: Head Vet Nurse
Job Details: Our client are looking for a highly organised, enthusiastic and proficient Head Nurse for their branch in London.
The Head Nurse role is to assume a high level of responsibility for the efficient running of the nursing and reception team. This will include providing management, performance reviews, training and co-ordination for all relevant personnel. Working enthusiastically with your team you will help maintain a happy, efficient working environment, whilst ensuring practice policies and group policies are adhered to at all times whilst providing outstanding patient and client care.
- Assisting in the management of the nursing team and supporting when necessary with general nursing duties, ensuring efficient running of all surgical areas at all times
- Demonstrating an excellent work protocol in all nursing duties including theatre practice, lab techniques, assisting veterinary surgeons with anaesthesia, with a high level of hygiene and the ability to recognise and undertake relevant actions with regards to infection control
- Dispensing drugs safely and managing pharmaceuticals with accordance to legislation, able to calculate drug doses and dispense and prepare drugs as prescribed by the veterinary surgeon whilst maintaining appropriate drug records
- Ensure that all surgical cases are dealt with in a timely manner, and that unnecessary delays are prevented at all times
- Work closely with the vets and non-surgical team including attending regular meetings to ensure all areas are working together effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure that patient records are being completed accurately and that all patient care instructions are followed by the nursing team
- Ensure all members of the nursing team are aware of their roles and job descriptions and are clear on the objectives they are working towards.
- Promote the practice and group policies and guidelines that apply to all employees and effectively manage any performance issues
Skills and experience
- You must be a registered veterinary nurse with the RCVS and have at least 3 years of clinical experience.
- Previous head nurse experience is desirable but not essential.
- Post qualification holder desirable but not essential
- Highly organised individual
- Effective time management
- A motivational leader
- Experience of leading a team or relationship building
- Patient motivated