Job Details: We have a great opportunity for a veterinary surgeon to join our clients team. Be part of their friendly, experienced, and supportive environment.
With currently regular 15 minute consults with ample time for case work ups, we encourage clinical freedom and case continuity and can provide help and support from our experienced team, whilst further developing skills in the practice.
They are looking for a veterinary surgeon that enjoys being a good general small animal vet who loves to build good client relations with a caring nature. Someone who is friendly, enthusiastic and a good team player. They are looking for a veterinary surgeon with some post qualification experience, and who is confident in consultations and basic surgery spays, castrates and dentals. Ideally, they would like to find a candidate with a surgical bias to join their team. Generous CPD allowance and further learning is encouraged and supported.
Their rotas are split to enable consulting and operating times to be equally shared within the team. There are no weekday OOH, their weekend rota is currently is 1 in 6, 8.30am to 5pm Saturday and on call 8.30am to 5pm Sunday. They are able to consider part time and full time applications for this role, they want to work with you to find you hours that suit your life and their practice.
Their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
They are a well-equipped practice with Digital X-ray, Dental X-ray, Ultrasound, K-Laser, Inhouse Lab with direct links to Idexx, Isolation Unit, separate dog and cat areas, Endoscopy, Laparoscopy that prides itself on high standards of care.
They are an RCVS accredited first opinion practice. They are a well-established team of 7 vets with various interests from skin, behaviour, medicine, surgery (certificate holder) and imaging. Certificate studies are supported and actively encouraged.
- Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All their Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via their Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
- Professional Memberships
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care