Salary: Up to $150,000 AUD, DOE
- Excellent opportunities for continued learning and development in a variety of areas
- Support for professional progression including paid memberships
Type of Work: Specialist Vet Surgeon Job
Job Details: Our client is looking for a Specialist Vet Surgeon Job to join their team. This is a multi-disciplinary referral hospital and 24/7 Emergency Centre in Melbourne. They pride themselves on being a patient-focused practice and delivering treatment that has the patient’s best interest in mind. They also believe in a team approach to patient care, recognising that optimum patient care often requires the involvement of more than one
They currently have 4 board certified medicine specialists and are looking to grow their team. Working with the medicine specialists, are 2 surgeons, 3 neurologists, 2 radiologists, full time specialist anaesthetists and a Specialist Oncologist. They have a rotating and fixed internship program that allows opportunities for teaching and research projects if you desire.
Imaging facilities include fluoroscopy, 16 slice CT and a 1.5T MRI, with dedicated radiographers. They have a full suite of rigid and flexible endoscopes and perform interventional procedures working together with their surgeons and radiologists. Patient care is enhanced by a 24-hour intensive care unit.
This is an opportunity for an experienced and passionate medicine specialist or residency-trained but not yet boarded, to join the Veterinary Referral Hospital Team on a full-time or part-time fixed-term basis from March 2023
onwards. You will be a highly valued critical member of the specialist team and will provide specialist medicine services and support.
– Qualifications suitable for general and specialist registration with the Veterinary Practitioners Registration Board of Victoria
– Demonstrated commitment to excellent patient care
– Exceptional organisational and communication skills including reporting Flexible, adaptable and positive approach to work