Salary: $102,952.00 – $144,368.00, DOE
- Salary packaging
- Flexible work arrangements
- High-quality professional development programs and activities
- An on-campus gym and other fitness facilities
Type of Work: Senior Lecturer – Equine Internal Medicine, Fixed-Term, Full-Time
Job Details: An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Internal Medicine Clinician (equine or large animal, with equine focus) to cover a maternity leave for 10 months. The successful candidate will contribute to clinical service provision (including after hours) and teaching (clinical and didactic). To be considered for this position you are expected to have experience in the delivery of clinical services and tertiary teaching. Also, have completed an equine or large animal internal medicine residency and ideally be board certified.
About the practice:
The Veterinary Teaching Hospital provides a range of first opinion, ambulatory, and specialist veterinary care across all animal species to the general public and referring veterinarians. The VTH has excellent facilities including an outstanding Equine Health and Performance Centre, Companion Animal Health Centre, and an on-site Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory. They have dedicated teaching and animal handling facilities and a herd of approximately 30 teaching horses. They are continuing to develop the clinical services, including plans for commencing residency programs in the near future and developing their research capabilities.
The large animal team consists of internal medicine specialists, surgeons, an equine sports medicine specialist, junior/ hospital veterinarians, and an ambulatory clinician. They are supported by a team of experienced nurses and anaesthetists. Whilst the bulk of their caseload is equine related, they also provide primary opinion services to the local farm animal owners.
To be successful you will need:
- Completion or eligibility to qualify for board certification (or ANZCVS Fellowship) in equine or large animal internal medicine.
- Experience in delivery of specialist equine internal medicine clinical services.
- Tertiary teaching experience in equine internal medicine.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work within a large multi-disciplinary team.
- Passion and drive to help build the clinical caseload within the Veterinary Teaching.
The successful candidate should hold a Veterinary qualification with eligibility to be registered as a veterinarian in South Australia.
If you are interested in this role and require further information please:
APPLY NOW BELOW