Salary: Up to £65,000, DOE
Type of Work: Mixed/Large Animal Vet
Job Details: Our client have an opportunity for a veterinary surgeon to join the team at their exceptional practice. As a mixed Vet, with the majority of the caseload being large animal.
Their veterinary surgeons are at the front line of delivering exceptional care and play an integral part of each one of their sites. From routine health checks to advanced surgeries, you’ll work directly with clients and their pets to offer care that is bespoke to them.
– Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all clients and their pets/livestock.
– Assess, examine and diagnose patients medical issues
– Perform surgery, dress and treat wounds.
– Perform diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required.
– Prescribe medication.
– Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations.
– Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices for pets/livestock.
– Euthanise patients.
– Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
– Maintain patients medical records.
The team consists of nine vets supported by two student nurses, three patient care assistants, three client care assistants, an administrator and an office manager.
Skills and experience
– Registered with the RCVS.
– Qualified MRCVS.
– Commitment to animal welfare.
– Ability to keep on top of practice protocols and procedures.
– Excellent organisational skills.
- CPD allowance and 3 days paid CPD leave per year
- Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme