Job Details: Our client is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their team as part of their well-established night service. The successful candidate will work alongside their longstanding team of Registered Veterinary Nurse and a Veterinary Auxiliary, providing out of hours cover for their other branches and a small charity.
They care about their teams wellbeing and have adapted their rota to allow for a better work-life balance. The shift pattern would consist of 7 nights working Monday – Sunday, followed but 14 nights off. There is also the opportunity to pick up additional day shifts. They are passionate about developing their staff and are more than happy to provide support and training for someone willing to learn.
They are dedicated to providing a high level of patient care, to help them deliver this they have state of the art facilities which include CT, Video Endoscopy, Ultrasound and much more.
The Night team consists of 3 vets, 3 nurses and 2 Auxiliaries who work on rotation. Although the successful candidate will be working in sole charge, they do have excellent working relations with other local out of hours
practices, therefore other vets who are on working in neighbouring practices are always available for advice if needed. Across their wider team, they have 25 vets which include a diploma holder and multiple certificate holders in a variety of areas. They have a team of 23 nurses as well as Veterinary Auxiliaries, Receptionists and Admin staff.
Although they have a large team their staff all work closely together and offer a very supportive and enjoyable environment to work in.
You do not need to have previous night work experience, however you will be a dedicated vet who is competent in dealing with ECC cases, and put animal care at the heart of everything you do.
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 4 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support for vets
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
- All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All their Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via their Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees paid for vets
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care