Job Details: An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join their team! You will be working in a busy and diverse environment with varied duties including inpatient care, consultations, procedures, and emergencies. You will be supported by a large and fantastic team of qualified and student nurses, as well as Clinical Support Services personnel.
If you want to work in a dynamic environment in which no two days are the same, they could be the ideal place for you. The vets thrive on the diverse caseload and welcome the fact that they refer very few cases. They particularly value the support colleagues provide, but also prefer to manage their own cases, in the way they see fit. They look forward to welcoming a new, like-minded vet to the team.
This is a Full Time or Part Time position. The full-time Vets typically work a 40-hour week across 4 days with a mix of earlies, (start at 7.30am) and lates, (start at 11am). Weekends are 1:4 and there is a second on call cover for occasional nights, (1 weekday every 5 weeks, 2-3 weekends a year). However, they know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and they want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you need reduced working days / hours or would simply like a more flexible rota pattern, they can potentially look at fixing or flexing their pattern to suit you. They would also welcome applicants looking for a consult only position.
They are a large multidisciplinary hospital with direct links to London. They have a separate cat, dog, and exotics wards, each encompassing their own operating theatres, as well as dedicated dental suites, ultrasound facilities,
flexible and rigid endoscopy, laparoscopic equipment and of course x-ray, they have all the toys, bells and whistles you would expect. They also have an extensive lab, staffed by bio-medical professionals experienced in supporting the vet team.
The fantastic team is made up of 33 vets, 28 nurses, 50+ admin and support staff. You will be working alongside a number of certificate holders in various disciplines, (Imaging, Medicine, Surgery, Dermatology, Ophthalmology,
Exotics, Dentistry) and you will have plenty of opportunity to develop skills and knowledge – both formally through CPD and informally through case collaboration.
You will have previous experience, be capable and confident as a GP Veterinary Surgeon. You will ideally have an interest in internal medicine +/- diagnostic imaging bias however they are open to any interests. They would also welcome applicants looking for a consult only position.
- 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 50 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
- All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All their Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via their Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care