Job Details: Our client is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their team.
You will be confident with consultations, case workups and ideally general surgery. They are fortunate to have a strong team in place who are keen and able to offer you support should it be needed along the way. They are looking for a dedicated team player who is keen to be involved in case studies, client, and pet care.
Ideally, this is a full-time position working 8:30 – 18:30pm over 4 days per week, with 1:4 Saturdays 8:00am – 13:00pm and no OOH. However, they offer flexible working patterns that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just looking to strike that balance between home and work life. They can offer flexibility that actually works for you.
They have all the usual toys including separate cat and dog kennels to allow for maximum comfort for their clients, in house Idexx laboratory, digital and dental x-ray, ultrasound, endoscope and bronchoscope amongst others. All of
their branches have ample parking for staff and clients, with a pet store next door to the main Faversham branch.
The team are dedicated to creating a positive working environment, ensuring the well-being of their staff and clients. They have a dedicated team of Vets and Nurses plus a support team of receptionists and a separate accounts function. They pride themselves on being a traditional local practice offering the highest level of care for the pets of their community. The culture they have in practice is very important to us, as they have a friendly and encouraging ethos embedded within the team. They truly believe in supporting everybody throughout the working day whether it be over a cup of tea or in the operating room.
They do have to ask that their new Vet has post graduate experience. In addition to your clinical and communication skills, you will need to be a people-oriented person, who is willing to support your colleagues. Culture is very important to them, so they are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon who shares their person-centred ethos. They do expect you to have excellent bedside manner and have the welfare of your patients at the heart of
what you do.
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,200 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All their Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via their Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care