Job Details: Our client is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their team.
They are looking for an enthusiastic and empathetic veterinary surgeon to join their team at both of their sites, which have recently merged to become one practice. You will have access to a varied caseload with both surgical and medical cases and will split your day with a blend of consults and surgery.
The ideal candidate will have a focus in either of the below;
* Surgical: you will be an experienced surgeon able to take advanced soft tissue and orthopaedic procedures, with some consulting depending on volume of surgical work.
* Clinical: keen diagnostic imaging and a very strong bias towards customer care and high clinical standards.
The vets usually work Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am – 6.30pm, with the full-time shift being 40 hours across 4 or 5 days, however, they know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and they want to make it easy for you to get the right balance, so they are happy to accommodate part time candidates looking to fit their work around their lifestyle. There is no OOH requirement for this role however there is 1:5 Saturday’s which are recovered as TOIL the following Friday, so you get a lovely long weekend! The rota is completed several months in advance (unless in exceptional circumstances), allowing staff to plan their time off and you will only ever work at one site per day.
They have a main surgical base, consultations and nurse clinics are also carried out from here. They have all the usual toys including x-ray, dental x-ray, and ultrasound facilities. They have separate cat and dog kennels, dedicated theatre facilities, a spacious prep area and a separate dental suite. Their other site is mainly consult and nurse clinic based, although they do have facilities for admits and basic procedures here at this site if needed. They strongly encourage case continuity with their staff and clients, and they are so lucky to have an excellent support team & the lovely profile of long- standing clients in a well-off and educated part of the Country. They pride themselves on being able to deliver a high standard of care, to help them do that they have access to excellent facilities across the group.
They currently have five veterinary surgeons, including two certificate holder’s inn ophthalmology & internal medicine. They have one vet with 30 years’ experience, two with over 10 years’ experience and 2 second year
graduates so they can guarantee you will always have support! They currently have 5 RVN’s, 2 student nurses & a strong team of very competent VCA and receptionists to make a vet’s life as easy as possible. The team are very
social, and they have regular meet ups throughout the year, as well as the big Fest party held in the summer!
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
- All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All their Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via their Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care