Job Details: Our clients are looking for an enthusiastic veterinary surgeon to join their team on a permanent basis. This role would suit a small animal vet who is confident with operating and diagnostics and looking to work either 2 or 3 days per week in a surgery-only role. Usually, their operating vets work a full 9-hour day, but earlier finish times could be accommodated. Their weekly rota includes daily administration time and regularly scheduled breaks.
The standard shift pattern is 18/27 hours across 2/3 days per week, with no weekends or OOH. However, they can be flexible and extra shifts are available if desired.
They are a progressive first opinion practice with excellent facilities including a CT scanner and all other standard equipment including dental X-rays, endoscopes, and K-Laser. They recently started accepting local referrals for CT scanning and orthopaedic surgery.
Their exceptionally friendly team across the whole group consists of a mixture of 16 small animal vets, 14 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 3 Animal Nursing Assistants. Their Support Team consists of exceptional Receptionists, Admin, and Maintenance/Cleaning Staff along with their Practice Director who is continually working alongside their Clinical Directors to improve the practice. More importantly than this, they have a team of staff pets that accompany their owners to work as they have a well-utilised bring your dog to work scheme with staff-specific kennelling in the pipeline. They hold regular Vet meetings and 6 monthly full practice communication afternoons, they actively encourage feedback, case discussions, and good communication. CPD is actively encouraged and certificates are fully supported and funded.
They have a well-established new graduate support system with clinical coaches, mentors, and Vet GDP advisors. They like to support their Vets and encourage them to follow areas of interest. Recently they have supported Vets by completing surgery and medicine certificates as well as improving skills in imaging and ophthalmology.
Applicants should be confident in all small animal surgery and looking for a great team to work with.
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
- All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All their Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via their Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care