Job Details: We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic veterinary surgeon to join our clients team on a permanent basis. Ideally you will be a small animal vet who is confident with routine medical and surgical cases and is looking to progress in their career. They actively encourage all their staff to develop their own areas of interest including support and funding to study for certificates if so desired.
They offer flexible working patterns that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just looking to strike that balance between home and work life. They can offer flexibility that actually works for you. Their vets usually work between the hours of 8.30am – 7pm with most full time choosing to work their hours over 4 days however they believe in offering flexible working and can a range of options including but not limited to; full time / part time / consulting only roles. This role does have a share in their 1:3 Saturday morning rota however there is no OOH requirement.
Their surgery is spacious and was purpose built for the practice in 1999 to serve their local area before being extended in 2016. It provides a modern clinical environment with all the latest equipment and facilities you would expect including air conditioning throughout, digital x-rays, video endoscopy, multiparameter monitoring and a therapeutic class IV laser. They are proud to be a RCVS GP status accredited practice, have achieved cat friendly status and are a Nurse Training practice.
Their fantastic team comprises 8 knowledgeable and friendly RVNs, 1 SVN, a dedicated practice support team and their 3 highly experienced veterinary surgeons. They work closely in collaboration with their colleagues from another branch who include an Advanced Practitioner in Diagnostic imaging and a skilled orthopaedic surgeon. They are passionate about supporting the personal and professional growth of their staff and their wellbeing is at the core of their business. They offer high quality medicine, a varied caseload with clinical freedom in a supportive and close-knit team.
- 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata)
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid leave
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Free flu jabs
- £1350 CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD leave (pro-rata)
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Discounted staff pet care