Job Details: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon to complete our clients friendly and progressive team based in Cheshire!
This role involves some sole charge consulting and operating at a branch, as well as time spent at their main Hospital premises.
You will be working a 4-day week with a fixed day off, with 2 in 5 Saturday mornings in addition. A typical shift is either 8-6 or 8.30-7 at their hospital or 9-6.30 pm at a branch.
Although they are a mixed practice, they operate as 3 separate Small Animal, Equine and Farm divisions. On the Small Animal side, they have their main hospital plus branches, all in Cheshire.
They have a well-equipped hospital with all the equipment you might expect: Xray, ultrasound, endoscopy, full Idexx lab suite, and laparoscopic surgery equipment. They also operate and can run bloods at their branches.
Most exciting of all, they are due to relocate to a new hospital in mid-2023 – they’ll have all the above and a lot more!
In their Small Animal Department, they have a total of 6 full and 5 part-time vets. They have a very experienced team of 7 RVNs and 1 SVN, plus a host of friendly and supportive non-clinical staff.
They currently have one CertAVP holder, and another vet with dual Medicine and ECC Certs. Elsewhere in the team, vets are currently working towards certificates in Medicine, Exotics and Cardiology.
They have a combination of visiting AP and RCVS Specialists in imaging, soft tissue, orthopaedic, cardiology and dermatology.
They are looking for a vet with some experience who is happy both in sole charge whilst consulting or operating at a branch or working as part of a larger team in their hospital.
This is a full-time position, but they would be happy to consider part-time applications. You should be comfortable with sole-charge consulting and routine surgeries, although there is always a backup available!
An interest in gaining further qualifications is helpful but not essential – they see great scope for widening their services as part of their relocation and enthusiasm for this is paramount!
- 5 weeks holiday + BH + LS + Birthday
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,750 CPD allowance with up to 36 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support- time off and financial support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care