Job Details: We are looking for a dynamic veterinary surgeon to join our clients fantastic team based in Northamptonshire. The successful candidate will carry out all usual veterinary responsibilities including consultations and surgeries to the highest clinical standard.
Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale on your work life balance. They know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and they want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you are looking to fix or flex your work patterns, they can find the right solution for you.
Weekend work will be 1:3 Saturday mornings, 8:30 am – 12 pm and you will be involved in occasional inpatient care. No out-of-hours or bank holiday work.
They have all the usual facilities, including spacious consult rooms, a high-performance ultrasound machine, digital x-ray, biochemistry and haematology machines in-house, a multiparameter, very quiet dental machine!
Their 3 very experienced vets have 10+ years of experience each and 3 have a certificate in medicine, ideal for providing support with those tricky medical or surgical cases. They have excellent clinical support with a dynamic and light-hearted team, and their clinical director is always supportive and listens to suggestions. Alongside their 3 vets, who share an interest in diagnostic imaging, medicine, and surgery, they have 2 qualified nurses, 1 student nurse and 1 veterinary care assistant, supported by 2 fantastic receptionists. They are ideally placed to offer support to a recent graduate and help them develop in their role.
They are looking for a veterinary surgeon to join their team, ideally, you will be confident with routine surgeries and consultations but support will be given for the trickier cases. Their perfect candidate will be highly motivated, with good interpersonal skills, passionate about the career and enjoy being part of a cheerful, close-knit but high-performing team.
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
- All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All their Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via their Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care