Job Details: Our clients are looking for an experienced consulting veterinary surgeon to join their team on a permanent basis at their Norfolk based branch. This role involves performing a wide variety of first opinion consults without the added pressures of in-patient care or surgery which allows you to concentrate solely on excellent client care. They have an experienced operating vet on site 3 days a week so support is on hand, emergencies and in-patients are diverted to their main hospital. Scheduled admin time is factored into your rota to ensure sufficient time to fully complete your cases and leave on time!
Their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career. This role is for 3 days per week, from 8.30am – 6.30pm with a 1-hour lunch factored in and there are no OOH or weekend requirements however, additional hours are available if desired.
This branch has a wide range of equipment including a multiparameter, Bair hugger, in-house lab equipment, x-ray, and dental facilities. They operate 3 days a week and run nurse consults all day. Their main branch has more facilities, such as CT, endoscope and k-laser and a larger nursing team. They are passionate about developing their staff and the care they can offer their patients and clients.
Their exceptionally friendly team across the wider group consist of a mixture of 16 small animal vets, 14 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 3 Animal Nursing Assistants and a large team of reception and admin staff. Many of their staff have worked with them for 25+ years, they pride themselves on their team spirit and culture and hold various staff events. Their ideal candidate is an experienced vet who is committed to providing excellent care to their patients and clients.
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities
• Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
• All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All their Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via their Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care