Job Details: An exciting opportunity has become available for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our clients team based in Merseyside! They are a busy first opinion 3 practice group requiring an enthusiastic new team member to join their team. The role is a mix of consulting and operating/procedures, and with the ability to pursue special interest or work toward a certificate. They have a range of demographics forming their growing client base, with many insured clients or just those wanting the best for their pets, allowing comprehensive medical workups and extensive soft tissue & orthopaedic surgeries. They also work closely with a local RSPCA and undertake a significant volume of work, primarily on cats , as well as ‘case animals’ for RSPCA inspectors.
There is no out-of-hours, and Saturdays are worked on a rota system. Hours are generally 8.30-6.30pm with 15 minute appointments. (There is some room to tailor the working hours).
Their main premises was purpose built in 2017 and provide a well- designed spacious and functional working environment with 4 air-conditioned consult rooms. They have large air-conditioned operating suite, X-ray and hydrotherapy suites, separate cat and dog wards, a huge prep-room plus a separate pharmacy. They have a comprehensive range of toys including their own In-house lab (including Idexx Lasercyte Catalyst & Sedivue; Imagyst AI cytology reader) DR digital X-ray, dental X-ray, Doppler ultrasound, multiparameter anaesthetic monitors plus an extensive range of soft tissue and orthopaedic equipment. Separate cat and dog kennelling. Upstairs they have a large staff room complete with sofa and Nespresso machine, CD and PM offices, store, laboratory, isolation and laundry rooms. The 2nd site is fully equipped with CR xray, dental xray, full idexx lab, modern anaesthetic units, multiparameter anaesthic monitoring etc and the 3rd site is set up for more routine procedures with the ability to send more complex cases to the other sites. The staff include highly experienced and enthusiastic RVN’s, SVN’s and ANS’s, dedicated receptionists plus their lovely hardworking dedicated Practice Manager who handles rota’s, H & S, payroll etc.
- 5 weeks annual leave (not including bank holidays)
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunitiesy
- Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
- All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All their Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via their Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS membership and cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care