Job Details: Our client is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their team based in Merseyside!
This role will include a varied caseload and responsibilities such as consulting, operating and inpatient workups. They can support applicants that prefer to preform consults only. This shift pattern is ideally 2 days per week, between 9 am – 6:30 pm with a 1-hour lunch break, and 1:3 Saturday mornings 9 am – 1 pm (consults only). They can offer flexibility with hours. There’s no requirement for any out of hours. In total you’ll be working 18.3 hours per week. You’ll be based exclusively at one of their sites.
Across their clinics, they have access to radiography, ultrasonography, tonometry, microscopy, a full laboratory, dedicated inpatient wards, operating theatres, and consulting rooms.
They are a close-knit team that prides itself on delivering excellent patient care. Between their 2 clinics they have 7 Veterinary Surgeons, 6 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 1 Student Veterinary Nurse, 2 Veterinary Care Assistants and 4 Receptionists. They work closely with local rescue centres and hold team events to raise money for charity. Most recently, they walked 1 million steps in 7 days to raise money for Vet Life!
Suitable candidates should be confident performing routine surgeries such as neuters, dentals, and mass removals. Good communication skills are essential along with sharing their core values and being a team player. They should be RCVS registered
• 6.6 weeks holiday (including bank holidays)
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• £1250 CPD allowance paid over 5 days
• All their Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via their Care Fund
• VDS cover
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care