Job Details: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon at our clients well-equipped first and second opinion, small animal and exotic Veterinary practice in Kent.
The successful candidate will be working alongside their friendly team of qualified vets, nurses, and animal care assistants to provide a high standard of care for their clients and hospital patients. You will mainly see small animals during the week however you will have the opportunity to work with some exotics if of interest (your exotic caseload can be increased if this is a special interest of yours). Their Vets see an exciting and varied small animal & exotics caseload and offer first, and second opinion veterinary care and they also have the opportunity to continually develop their skills through an excellent CPD programme. Their moto, “if it fits through the door, we’ll see it!”.
Typically, this is a full time role is 40 hours over 4 days with 1:4 weekends and no OOH. However, part time applications will also be considered alongside flexible working arrangements should they be needed. The role would ideally be suitable for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon in exotics or small animals looking for a new challenge in a supportive environment.
They have worked really hard to create a family-like culture and happy working environment. They currently have three exceptional veterinary surgeons and are looking for the fourth to complete the set! With several full and part time registered veterinary nurses, many with further training in exotic species, in addition to animal care assistants, and the help of their reception staff, they make a great team. Further training towards certificates and areas of interest are encouraged and supported.
Their ideal candidate would be confident in dealing with clients and the more routine pets and have a keen desire to build their skills with the more exotic! A strong work ethic and desire to help others and work with the team is essential. Caring for the patients and the clients is key. The candidate must be eligible for working in the United Kingdom.
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities
• Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
• All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All their Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via their Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care