Job Details: Our clients have a great opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their small animal practice and work alongside their highly experienced Head Vet. Their Head Vet has over 20 years of experience and she thoroughly enjoys providing mentorship to new vets within the practice. You will work closely both with their Head Vet and their clinically trained Practice Principal to ensure their core values are met and to provide gold standard care to all their patients that come through the door.
Their deceivingly specious small animal practice is located in Kent, which provides a varied consulting caseload that will allow a less experienced Veterinary Surgeons to hone their skills and will keep the experienced Vet stimulated! The opportunity to perform surgery will be accommodated on a rotational basis, and you will be fully supported by a long standing and experienced nursing team at their RCVS accredited practice.
They would welcome both full and part time applicants. Typically, this position is full time over 4/5 days per week, working a combination of early shifts (8am-4.30pm) and late shifts (11am – 7.30pm), with 1:3 Saturdays and no OOH! When you work a Saturday, you gain a day in lieu. Their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
They are a 5 Vet practice with a super support team of 1 Head RVN; 2 RVN’s, 1 SVN, 1 ANA and their wonderfully efficient receptionists. Their Head Vet has over 15 years’ experience in small animal practice and is passionate about supporting and developing the practice vet team. They have their Practice principle who is committed to supporting the team, with a great focus of his being on work life balance, development, and opportunity for the team. Their clinic has an established client base, and their team are passionate about providing gold standard care to their clients and their pets. They are very focused on celebrating their wonderful and do so often with in practice awards and regular Costa Friday treats!
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities
• Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
• All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All their Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via their Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care