Job Details: We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our clients team. The role is split between their clinic and one other branch as part of a 15 vet team. You will work a 4 day week plus some Saturday mornings and occasional Saturday afternoon only. The are no OOH but one in nine weeks you will undertake a twilight shift working from 3pm to 9pm and then being on-call for in-patients only giving you time to devote clinical excellence to your on-going cases.
An enthusiastic, progressive, clinically focussed team is waiting to welcome their next colleague. With fantastic support staff, and multiple certificate holders, they can offer progression in all aspects of first opinion work, whatever your interest areas, allowing you to work to the highest standards. They will also consider part time applications and are open to discussing hours that may suit you around family life. Salary is open for discussion with this role along with a generous relocation allowance.
They offer flexible working patterns that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just looking to strike that balance between home and work life. They can offer flexibility that actually works for you.
They have multiple nurse training centres and within their group they have certificate holders in orthopaedics, surgery, medicine, cardiology and imaging. They also have vets with special interests in dermatology, oncology, ECC and dentistry making it an excellent learning environment.
The group is well embedded into the local area, having started in 1947. Across the group they have 33 veterinary surgeons, a nursing team of 70 and a further 74 support staff. They are looking for a first opinion vet to join their progressive team, but will always consider further teammates with additional skills or those looking to develop specific areas.
They are looking for a progressive and friendly team member who has already obtained a degree of general clinical experience. A drive for clinical excellence, teamwork and clinic care are essential qualities.
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro data (10 days if studying)
• Learning and development opportunities
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All their Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via their Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care