Job Details: Our clients are seeking an enthusiastic veterinary surgeon to join their clients team on a permanent basis! This role is suited to a small animal vet who is confident in surgery, diagnostics, and consulting and would appreciate working within a close-knit team.
They know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and they want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you are looking to fix or flex your work patterns, they can find the right solution for you. Their vets usually work between the hours of 8am – 6.30pm and most choose to work their hours over 4 days, however, they are happy to accept both full and part-time candidates, they can offer great flexibility within this role as they understand how important a good work/life balance is. There is a share of 1:4 Saturday morning rota (until 12pm) but no OOH requirement.
They have the added benefit of frequent visiting specialists in orthopaedics and cardiology allowing for great case continuity. They have all the normal gadgets such as digital x-ray, ultrasound, in house blood machines and a lovely new dental machine.
The practice consists of 4 Vets, 4 RVNs, 2 VCAs and 5 support staff including a wonderful practice manager. It is important that the candidate enjoys being part of a proactive team that strives for clinical excellence. They have a supportive and nurturing culture but still manage to maintain a good sense of humour, making it a happy and settled place to work even with the stresses and strains of small animal practice. They can offer great flexibility to achieve work life balance and they do finish on time!
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
- All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All their Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via their Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care