Job Details: We have a fantastic opportunity for a small animal vet to join our clients experienced, enthusiastic and vibrant team based in Edinburgh & The Lothians!
They have an excellent opportunity for a small animal vet to join them! They are a hard-working and supportive team made up of 2 vets (one with a certificate in ECC), head nurse, practice manager, 1 RVN, 1 VCA, 1 client care manager and 2 client care advisors.
The ideal vet to join them will be motivated and proactive, with solid medical and surgical skills. There will be sole charge so you should also feel comfortable with this. Key to your success will be your ability to embrace all aspects of the role, delivering excellent patient and client care. You should enjoy working within a team and have strong communication and interpersonal skills. An interest in imaging and/or soft tissue surgery is advantageous, but not essential. A very competitive salary would be offered to a holder of a surgical certificate.
They would love to find a full-time vet but will consider two 20-hour positions.
Their normal working week is 4 weekdays 9am-7pm with 1 in 3 weekends (9am to 5pm Sat and 10am to 5pm Sun) with time off in lieu. No OOHs or on call. They offer flexibility if you prefer to work more weekends and less weekdays or if you prefer to work shorter days over 5 days.
If you share our clients passion for delivering outstanding pet healthcare, great customer service and would like to join their team we would love to hear from you!
- 1 hour fully paid lunch break every day
- Regular catch up and paperwork breaks
- Weekly clinical meetings to discuss cases, support from other vets via phone on sole charge weekends if required
- Very limited overtime (99% of the time leave at 7pm) but any overtime funded.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Generous CPD allowance, certificates funded
- Paid memberships including RCVS
- 30 minute consult slots, last appointment 6.15pm to allow time for notes
- Career progression and surgical development opportunities
- Increased holiday allowance after 2 years of continuous service
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards