Job Details: Are you seeking a new opportunity within a supportive practice? Are you ready and motivated to develop and grow your clinical skill set? Yes? Then this is the role for you.
Our clients are looking for an enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to join their friendly team based in Derbyshire. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Senior/Head Vet to champion high standards of patient care within the practice. The role provides a varied consulting and surgical caseload that will allow the less experienced to hone their skills and will keep the experienced vet stimulated. They also have a team of well-skilled nurses and efficient receptionists to support you at their RCVS accredited practice.
Their practice offers a full range of first opinion veterinary services including orthopaedic work. They have a large and established practice with 4 consult rooms, separate cattery, kennel and isolation wards, a dedicated x-ray and ultrasound room, large theatre and prep room, and an in-house laboratory. Their practice has an established client base and their team is passionate about providing the best standard of care to both pet and client.
They would welcome both full and part time applicants. Typically, the full-time role is working 40 hours Monday to Friday between 8am-7:30pm, with Saturday availability (average of 1:3) 9am-12pm on a rota basis (you gain time off in lieu for working Saturdays). There is no OOH work required. They will be flexible and are open to discuss a rota pattern that would suit you – the most important thing is finding the right person for their team. Their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves.
We are a 3 Veterinary Surgeon practice working alongside 6 nurses and 6 receptionists. Their clinic has an established client base and their team are passionate about providing gold standard care to their clients and their pets. Their highly experienced Practice Principal regularly provides rewards to their team with Costa Fridays and their monthly practice star award celebrates their employee’s achievements. CPD and professional development is encouraged and supported.
- 25 days leave + Bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
- All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All their Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via their Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Paid RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care