Job Details: We are looking for a Small Animal Vet – General Practitioner or with special Interests to join our clients friendly and supportive team based in Cornwall.
With a large team varied weekly hours can be considered between two and four days. Full time (40 hours per week) roles are generally four full week days with one of those being an early finish
They have five small animal surgeries so there may be a requirement to work out of any site. However it is important to them that this is kept to a minimum for continuity of care and working up of cases.
Each site is fully equipped for diagnostics and surgery. All in patient care and overnight hospitalisation is carried out at their surgery where they have 24 hour on site RVN nursing care.
They carry out their own OOH care for in patients. Applicants for this role will be expected to take part in the rota to provide this care. Their emergency overnight OOH is shared between their dedicated night vet and another local practice.
With a large clinical team they have a wide range of experience so lots of clinical support is available. Their RVN team is experienced also with a wide range in skills. They offer referrals in behaviour and dermatology. They also currently have team members with further qualifications in or working towards surgery, emergency medicine, dentistry & ophthalmology.
They pride themselves on being a welcoming & inclusive friendly team with high clinical standards. They strive to offer the best service to all their clients that they have built great working relationships with over the years.
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,200 CPD allowance with 35 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
- All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All their Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via their Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Cornwall Veterinary association membership. They have a good community spirit amongst the Cornish practices
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care