Salary: Up to £28,000, DOE
Type of Work: Vet Nurse
Job Details: We are looking for an enthusiastic and confident Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our clients team.
The general day-to-day nursing duties will include; theatre work, medical nursing, nurse clinics, and helping with reception if there is a need. They will also support you in additional responsibilities such as Student Nurse training if this is an interest. You will work closely with the Head Nurse and rest of the nursing team and the Head Veterinary Surgeon to ensure that their core values are met.
They would welcome both Full Time and Part Time applicants. The Full-Time position would usually involve working 40 hours over 4 or 5 days per week. Their shifts are a combination of earlies from 8:00am – 4:30pm and lates from 11:00am – 7:30pm. It also involves one in three Saturday mornings and there is no OOH. They value their nurses and recognise the integral part they play within their teams which is why they offer a flexible approach to their rota patterns which will flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just looking to strike that balance between home and work life, they can offer flexibility that actually works for you.
At our clients practice they pride themselves on offering high quality vet care at prices affordable to all. They take pleasure in being able to offer a full range of first opinion veterinary services at affordable prices.
Their friendly team consists of 3 Vets, 1 Head Nurse, 2 ANA’s, 3 Receptionists and a highly experienced Practice Principal. Their Head Nurse is super supportive of their team and is constantly bringing in new ideas. Additionally, their highly experienced Practice Principal regularly provides rewards to their team with Costa Fridays and their monthly practice star award celebrates their employee’s achievements. CPD’s are encouraged and supported.
Their ideal candidate will be a confident and enthusiastic Nurse – registered with the RCVS. You will be dedicated to providing stellar service to both their clients and their pets. Being a cake, pizza and coffee lover is an absolute must!
- Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 24 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities
• Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
• All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
- Professional Memberships
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care