Job Details: Are you interested in a new and challenging role? Do you perhaps have family commitments and prefer a weekend only role?
We are looking for a confident, dedicated, and experienced nurse with an interest in emergency and critical care to join our out-of-hours team in Galashiels.
Covering several practices in the area, you will be assisting in providing excellent overnight care for in-patients and be involved with dealing with any new admissions alongside your Veterinary Surgeon.
The area is lovely and scenic to live in with easy access to Edinburgh, and some great walking and cycling areas for your days off.
Working in a small, but brilliant, hardworking team in a rota system.
The role would be full time or part-time, mostly at weekends but additional hours are available if wished:
- 1 in 6 weekend of Saturday (12 Midday to 6.30pm) and Sunday days (8am to 6.30pm).
- 1 in 6 weekend doing Saturday and Sunday nights, 6pm to 8.30am.
- Support will be given to study for a certificate.
- Salary £13.50 an hour.
- RCVS Membership paid plus one other membership subscription
- VDS cover
- Opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Enhanced sick, maternity, and paternity pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Health Shield
- Discounted Veterinary fees.