Salary: £35,000 – £44,000, DOE
Type of Work: Vet Nurse
Job Details: Our clients are looking for a Hospital Manager, with an OOH/team focus to help lead their Hospital Team!
Following an internal promotion, they are looking to recruit a new Hospital Manager to be based from their state of the art Veterinary Hospital.
This position would be mostly non-clinical but would require the ability to step in clinically where necessary, so RVN or MRCVS would be essential. The successful candidate would also be required to be flexible to work various shifts, including some nights and weekends, to provide support to the OOH team as needed.
The responsibilities of this role are extensive and include:
- Working to improve and maintain clinical standards, in line with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme
- To oversee the day-to-day running and organisation of their hospital services and team
- All aspects of line managerduties to include managing individual and team performance; conducting reviews such as 1:1 catch ups and regular PDRs to encourage career growth and development
- To liaise and work alongside their Practice Managers and Clinical Directors
- Being a primary contact for the OOH User Practices, which would include attending both new and existing practices to promote their services.
- To explore, review and implement any essential changes following team or client feedback, as required.
Hours: Due to the nature of the responsibilities this role would present, they would be looking for the successful candidate to work full time; 40 hours/week. This would mostly be Mon-Fri as standard but would require some evenings/nights/weekends so flexibility is a must.
Candidate Requirements: RVN or MRCVS qualification required, ideally with Hospital/Referral experience. Previous, recent experience in a management role would be understandably desirable but support and training opportunities will be provided.
Key skills: The successful candidate would need to consistently demonstrate strong organisational and leadership skills, with a keen eye for detail and a passion for developing their colleagues and the Company. A natural leader, who is proactive, approachable and able to communicate confidently with people at all levels. They would need to confident in own abilities to make balanced decisions under pressure; considering patients, owners and the business, and able to prioritise work based on deadlines and importance.
Remuneration: Salary range for this position is quite wide as it would be dependent on experience and proportion of OOH working, but guide is £35-44k per annum on a 40hr week. Where additional support and training is required, a staged increase may be appropriate as the successful candidate grows and develops into their new role.
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays – options to buy and sell
- Sick pay of 2 weeks full pay and 2 weeks half pay
- CPD funded- dependent on qualifications
- VDS and RCVS fees paid, as well as two additional professional subscriptions
- Workplace Pension
- Enhanced maternity and paternity cover
- Wellbeing support
- Health Shield Employment Benefit Scheme
- Health Insurance via Group Payroll Deduct
- Life Insurance at 1 x Annual Salary
- Paid Volunteering Day
- Colleague Discount Scheme- services 50% off, products at cost price
- Relocation Allowance for candidates applying directly
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Certificate Study Funded.