Job Details: Our clients are looking for an enthusiastic Small Animal Veterinary Nurse to join their friendly and supportive team based across their two sites, which are just over two miles.
They are a first opinion practice that prides itself on excellent patient care and they see a very varied caseload. They have access to in-house laboratory equipment, ultrasound, digital x-rays including dental x-rays and anaesthetic monitoring equipment such as pulse oximeters and capnographs. They also have a therapeutic laser.
Cardiff is a great place to live and work with all the advantages of city life and easy access to the scenic valleys and beautiful coastline of South Wales. They encourage their team to have a good work life balance.
They have a wonderful team of 8.5 FTE vets, 2 recent graduate vets, 11 FTE nurses, 3 student nurses, 4 nursing assistants and reception team.
They actively encourage further learning and CPD and they+- have certificate holders in behaviour, ECC, oncology and rehabilitation within the nursing team and 1 nurse currently studying a medicine certificate.
The average length of service in their nursing team is 8 years and 6.5 years in their veterinary team.
The role involves a variety of duties, including monitoring of anaesthetics, performing radiographs, taking blood pressures, cytology, inpatient care and keeping PSS standards.
They pride themselves on the numerous nurse clinics they can offer, and they encourage interests and ideas to keep moving the practice forward. They actively encourage further learning and CPD.
- 35–40-hour week, Monday – Friday, with a 1 in 9 Saturday morning rota
- No out-of-hours required as this is provided by our neighbouring hospital
- Part-time working will also be considered.
- 6 weeks paid holiday including bank holidays
- A CPD Allowance per annum to assist your career growth
- Health Shield – wide ranging contributions for health and wellbeing treatments – from dentistry to sports massage
- Paid sick leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- One other membership subscription
- VDS cover
- Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Employee pet discounts
- My Perks – offers, discounts and cashback on shopping, travel, entertainment and much more
- Focus on employee wellbeing.