Salary: $150,000 + DOE
Type of Work: Lead Vet Surgeon
Job Details: Our client in Melbourne are looking for a Lead Vet Surgeon to join their team.
As the Lead Vet, you will work closely and lead a team of passionate vets and vet nurses in all areas of a small animal general practice to deliver personalised, professional and dedicated care to our patients and their owners. You will also be responsible for the management and supervision of the financial and clinical function of the business.
You will work a flexible 4-day working week which may include a rotating Saturday morning shift. They are open Mon-Fri: 8:30am-6pm, Sat: 9am-12pm and closed on Sundays.
With a strong focus on preventive medicine, they have state-of-the-art facilities and an expert team dedicated to bettering the lives of animals and the humans that love them. They offer a comprehensive suite of services, including wellness care, surgery, dentistry, and diagnostics.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent qualification
- Current or eligibility for a VIC Veterinary Board Registration + licence for Radiation Use
- Proven experience within a lead role will be highly regarded but not mandatory. They will also consider an experienced vet looking for the next step in their career with a passion for mentoring, supporting and coaching a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Calm, compassionate, and professional demeanour
- Attention to detail and excellent time management
- Responsible, organized, self-directed and hard-working
- Leadership skills and team orientation
- Unique and exclusive bonus/equity opportunity
- Sponsorship is available + relocation assistance
- Continuing education programs