Salary: $90,000 – $150,000 AUD, DOE
- Strong Internal Continuing Education Program
- Career development and National Mentoring program
- Membership Study groups and memberships to external material to continue to develop your knowledge
- Paid Parental Leave, flexible working arrangements and back-to-work programs
Type of Work: Emergency Vet Surgeon Job
Job Details: Our client is looking for a Emergency Vet Surgeon Job to join their team. They provide premier after hours vet care to sick and injured pets, and today it is a part of the largest emergency and specialist group in Australia, hosting the largest contingent of Emergency Veterinarians and Criticalists in the Country.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Vet looking for a full-time position.
They have all the machines that go PING including; digital radiographs, in house bloods (CBC, biochemistry, blood gases, PT/APTT), a MyLAB30 gold ultrasound and a VIVID3 cardiac ultrasound, 3 ventilators, an oxygen generator, a spacious surgery, a defibrillator and both Surgivet and DASH cage side monitors.
You will be encouraged to develop an interest in ultrasound, trauma, toxicology and surgery. Practical and theoretical education is strongly encouraged through in house tutorials, webinars, mentoring programs memberships and fellowships.
Skills and Experience:
- Veterinary degree available for registration in Victoria
- 2 or more years of experience
- Previous emergency veterinary experience highly desirable
- Ability to remain calm and show compassion in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, pet owners and referring veterinarians
- A genuine enjoyment of helping people and their pets when they need them most
It is expected that all Emergency Vets are available on weekends and public holidays and they rotate these shifts to optimise fairness amongst the team wherever possible. Locum arrangements can also be discussed.