Salary: CAD$100,000 and above DOE with Signing/Relocation Bonus!
Package: Competitive Base Salary, Signing & Relocation Bonuses, Potential Path to Equity, CE Opportunities With Access To Annual Conferences, Seminars & CE Allowance, Networking, Collaboration & Knowledge Exchange With Other Veterinarians Within their Practices, Continued Investments In New Technologies, Advanced Diagnostics & Modern Facilities Including Digital X-Ray, Digital Dental X-Ray, Modern Ultrasound & In-House Lab Testing, Comprehensive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental & Life Insurance, Employee and Family Assistance Plan, Internal CE and Development Opportunities, Variable Pay Program (Bonus), Flexible Schedule, Paid Dues & College Fees Vacation & Paid Time Off, Canada-wide internal transfers and many more!
Type of Work: Small Animal Associate Veterinarian
Job Details: This Animal Hospital is looking to have YOU join their team! If you are interested in working in a collaborative, high quality medicine practice, alongside other experienced DVM’s then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
They are a busy practice and have a vibrant work environment with weekly shout outs and celebrations! Are you a newer grad, looking for mentorship? Are you a more experienced DVM looking for a positive work environment where you can utilize your medicine and surgery skills? This Practice have a wealth of experience and can assist you in advancing your Veterinary career.
- Perform routine therapeutic procedures
- Perform Veterinary surgery
- Responsible for patient records management
- Post-operative observation
- Accurate client billing
- Participate in continuing education matters
- Examine animals and diagnose problems or diseases through physical examinations or laboratory tests
- Diagnosing and prescribing medication to sick or injured animals
- Consult with pet owners about preventive healthcare; and carry out medical and surgical procedures, such as vaccinations, dental work, and fractures.
- Perform routine surgeries and handling emergency cases
- Consulting clients on hygiene and general care of their pets. Exemplary skills to work with colleagues, clinic staff, pet parents and community
- Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, and euthanasia
- Offer general wellness and vaccinations, nutrition, and weight management programs.
- May enforce government regulations in disease control and food production.
- Keeping up with the flow of the clinic and meeting expected appointment times
- Expected to attend monthly DVM and all other team meetings, and contribute ideas and feedback at the meetings that will help with the health of the clinic and patients
- 4-5 year university degree in veterinary medicine (as well as any required pre-veterinary studies for the university program, if applicable)
- Completion of national certification examinations or equivalent are required.
- Provincial Licensing in British Columbia is required or ability to obtain
- Passion for what you do every day! Enthusiasm, energy, and a positive attitude are a must
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Solid communication skills, both when dealing with clients and interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work evenings, and weekends