Salary: CAD$100K and above DOE plus bonus potential with Signing/Relocation Bonus
Package: Exciting benefits package including Health, dental, vision insurance, Paid parental, vacation, and sick leave, Flexible scheduling for work/life balance, Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
Type of Work: Small Animal Associate Veterinarian
Job Details: This Practice have a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic DVM! They are a busy, established, small animal hospital with an experienced RVT and support team. They have been serving their community for over 30 years! They are looking for a full-time Associate Veterinarian to join their team. The ideal candidate will be an organized, energetic team player with great communication skills, compassion for their patients and the ability to have fun while doing what they love. Their clientele is loyal and expects only the best standard of veterinary care. New grads are welcome as great mentorship opportunities are available!
- Perform routine therapeutic procedures
- Perform Veterinary surgery
- Responsible for patient records management
- Post-operative observation
- Accurate client billing
- Participate in continuing education matters
- Examine animals and diagnose problems or diseases through physical examinations or laboratory tests
- Diagnosing and prescribing medication to sick or injured animals
- Consult with pet owners about preventive healthcare; and carry out medical and surgical procedures, such as vaccinations, dental work, and fractures.
- Perform routine surgeries and handling emergency cases
- Consulting clients on hygiene and general care of their pets. Exemplary skills to work with colleagues, clinic staff, pet parents and community
- Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, and euthanasia
- Offer general wellness and vaccinations, nutrition, and weight management programs.
- May enforce government regulations in disease control and food production.
- Keeping up with the flow of the clinic and meeting expected appointment times
- Expected to attend monthly DVM and all other team meetings, and contribute ideas and feedback at the meetings that will help with the health of the clinic and patients
- 4-5 year university degree in veterinary medicine (as well as any required pre-veterinary studies for the university program, if applicable)
- Completion of national certification examinations or equivalent are required.
- Provincial Licensing in Ontario is required or ability to obtain
- Passion for what you do every day! Enthusiasm, energy, and a positive attitude are a must
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Solid communication skills, both when dealing with clients and interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and on-call