Salary: $100k and above Depending on Experience with Signing/Relocation Bonus!
Package: Exciting benefits package – Continuing Education, Above average salary, An extended Health Benefits package (Medical, Dental, & Vision), Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, vision, etc.), Employee Assistance Program, Paid Licensing & Membership Dues, Professional Liability Insurance coverage, Paid Vacation time, Paid Sick & Personal Days, Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount), Uniform Allowance, Eligibility for a discretionary Performance Bonus, Relocation Allowance & Assistance, Comprehensive Immigration Assistance provided by experienced immigration lawyer on retainer for out-of-country applicants, Attractive Signing Bonus for Exceptional Candidates.
Type of Work: Small Animal Vet Surgeon
Job Details: Fantastic opportunity for an Small Animal Vet Surgeon in Ontario situated 190km North West of Toronto.
Only 6% of hospitals in Canada are accredited by AAHA, and their 4 veterinarian, Small Animal hospital is one of them. They celebrate best practices and are not shy to try new things, most recently introducing stem cell therapy and digital thermal imaging to their roster. Their vets work alongside their 7 Registered Veterinary Technicians and, together with their other support team members, they run a busy and successful hospital. They use cloud-based software (Ezy-Vet) and their nearest referral centre is conveniently located within the Ontario Veterinary College. Their building has served us well for many years but we are currently in the planning stages for construction of a new hospital – something to look forward to!
Being an AAHA-Accredited practice means they are constantly striving to be better, with clear protocols and progressive culture. With a fear-free mindset and emphasis on client relationships, they are lucky to have a compliant client base that benefits from our extensive scope of services. Their veterinarians work collaboratively and have regular doctor’s meetings to ensure consistency and open communication. In support of your medicine, you will have an in-house lab, digital x-ray, therapeutic laser and ultrasound available. Along with theriogenology, rehabilitation and chiropractic services in-house, one of our vets rounds out our Western medicine with Traditional Chinese medicine and acupuncture for the times when your clients wish to pursue these methodologies. Within this position there will be a mix of appointments and surgeries – If you show up with a can-do attitude and a love of surgery and medicine, we’ll set you up for success.
- You will be scheduled for 36-40 hours over 4 days
- working one in four Saturday shifts
- Each of our veterinarians is responsible for one on-call shift every 8 days as part of a rotating call system shared within our community
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine from an AVMA accredited university
- NAVLE qualification
- Their ideal candidate takes pride in their leadership and communication abilities.
- Although a minimum of 2 years of experience is preferred, a newer graduate will also thrive due to our supportive culture and experienced Veterinarian mentors in the clinic.
- Ideally you like to be organized and are diligent about record keeping and timeliness.
- You are team-oriented, kind-hearted and passionate about helping people and their pets. Should you be interested, mentorship in Chinese medicine, acupuncture, Vet Stem, rehab or reproductive services would be available to you.