Salary: CAD$110,000 and above DOE, plus Signing/Relocation Bonus
Package: Exciting benefits package including Health, dental, vision insurance, Paid parental, vacation, and sick leave, Flexible scheduling for work/life balance, Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
Type of Work: Small Animal Associate Veterinarian
Jobs Details: This Animal Hospital is searching for the next member of their skilled, cohesive team of professionals dedicated to providing progressive, compassionate care to their loyal client base. They are offering a full time position of 40 hours per week, with emphasis on the importance of a work-life balance.
- Perform routine and emergency therapeutic procedures
- Perform Veterinary surgery in routine and emergency cases
- Responsible for patient records management
- Post-operative observation
- Accurate client billing
- Participate in continuing education matters
- Examine animals and diagnose problems or diseases through physical examinations or laboratory tests
- Diagnosing and prescribing medication to sick or injured animals
- Consult with pet owners about preventive healthcare; and carry out medical and surgical procedures, such as vaccinations, dental work, and fractures.
- Perform routine surgeries and handling emergency cases
- Consulting clients on hygiene and general care of their pets. Exemplary skills to work with colleagues, clinic staff, pet parents and community
- Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, and euthanasia
- Offer general wellness and vaccinations, nutrition, and weight management programs.
- May enforce government regulations in disease control and food production.
- Keeping up with the flow of the clinic and meeting expected appointment times
- Expected to attend monthly DVM and all other team meetings, and contribute ideas and feedback at the meetings that will help with the health of the clinic and patients
- 4-5 year university degree in veterinary medicine (as well as any required pre-veterinary studies for the university program, if applicable)
- Completion of national certification examinations or equivalent are required.
- Provincial Licensing in Ontario is required or ability to obtain
- Passion for what you do every day! Enthusiasm, energy, and a positive attitude are a must
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Solid communication skills, both when dealing with clients and interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work evenings and weekends