Salary: CAD$100,000 and above DOE, plus Signing/Relocation Bonus
Package: Exciting benefits package including Health, dental, vision insurance, Paid parental, vacation, and sick leave, Flexible scheduling for work/life balance, Continuing Education Allowance and Paid Continuing Education Days
Type of Work: Small Animal Associate Veterinarian
Jobs Details: Are you a dedicated, caring Associate Veterinarian who is looking to work at an AAHA-accredited, well-equipped practice alongside a team of passionate colleagues? Then this Animal Hospital has the perfect opportunity for you!
Brandon is the second-largest city in the province of Manitoba, Canada. It is located in the southwestern corner of the province on the banks of the Assiniboine River, approximately 214 km west of the provincial capital, Winnipeg, and 120 km east of the Saskatchewan border. Brandon is one of the sunniest cities in the country and is located just 20 minutes from lakeside cottage country. Safe, friendly and family-oriented, it is an increasingly popular place to settle for newcomer.
- Perform routine therapeutic procedures
- Perform Veterinary surgery
- Responsible for patient records management
- Post-operative observation
- Accurate client billing
- Participate in continuing education matters
- Examine animals and diagnose problems or diseases through physical examinations or laboratory tests
- Diagnosing and prescribing medication to sick or injured animals
- Consult with pet owners about preventive healthcare; and carry out medical and surgical procedures, such as vaccinations, dental work, and fractures.
- Perform routine surgeries and handling emergency cases
- Consulting clients on hygiene and general care of their pets. Exemplary skills to work with colleagues, clinic staff, pet parents and community
- Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, and euthanasia
- Offer general wellness and vaccinations, nutrition, and weight management programs.
- May enforce government regulations in disease control and food production.
- Keeping up with the flow of the clinic and meeting expected appointment times
- Expected to attend monthly DVM and all other team meetings, and contribute ideas and feedback at the meetings that will help with the health of the clinic and patients
- 4-5 year university degree in veterinary medicine (as well as any required pre-veterinary studies for the university program, if applicable)
- Completion of national certification examinations or equivalent are required.
- Provincial Licensing in Manitoba is required or ability to obtain
- Passion for what you do every day! Enthusiasm, energy, and a positive attitude are a must
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Solid communication skills, both when dealing with clients and interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work evenings and weekends