Salary: Up to CAD$125,000 depending on experience plus bonus potential
Package: Competitive salary plus bonus potential, Medical, dental and vision insurance, Generous CE allowance, Professional liability coverage, Membership dues, VIN membership, Outstanding medical and pet supply discounts.
Type of Work: Small Animal Veterinarian
Job Details: This practice is seeking a full-time Veterinarian to join their amazing team!
This Hospital is seeking a qualified vet surgeon. The team consists of a group of extremely dedicated individuals who are passionate about animals. They are looking for a DVM to join their team of four veterinarians. Their veterinarians and all support staff strive to provide the best possible care through courteous and efficient service as well as the most current medical and surgical techniques. This is a great opportunity to be part of a committed and dynamic team!
- Perform routine therapeutic procedures
- Perform Veterinary surgery
- Responsible for patient records management
- Post-operative observation
- Accurate client billing
- Participate in continuing education matters
- Examine animals and diagnose problems or diseases through physical examinations or laboratory tests
- Diagnosing and prescribing medication to sick or injured animals
- Consult with pet owners about preventive healthcare; and carry out medical and surgical procedures, such as vaccinations, dental work, and fractures.
- Perform routine surgeries and handling emergency cases
- Consulting clients on hygiene and general care of their pets. Exemplary skills to work with colleagues, clinic staff, pet parents and community
- Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, and euthanasia
- Offer general wellness and vaccinations, nutrition, and weight management programs.
- May enforce government regulations in disease control and food production.
- Keeping up with the flow of the clinic and meeting expected appointment times
- Expected to attend monthly DVM and all other team meetings, and contribute ideas and feedback at the meetings that will help with the health of the clinic and patients
- 4-5 year university degree in veterinary medicine (as well as any required pre-veterinary studies for the university program, if applicable)
- Completion of national certification examinations or equivalent are required.
- Provincial Licensing in British Columbia is required or ability to obtain
- Passion for what you do every day! Enthusiasm, energy, and a positive attitude are a must
- A strong desire to educate and build solid relationships with clients
- Solid communication skills, both when dealing with clients and interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work evenings, and weekends