Job Details: Veterinary Surgeon opportunity available in Victoria! It is a growing and busy suburb, giving exposure to a variety of cases. The Vet Director has extensive experience with a focus on medicine, and their Vet Associate has a special interest in surgical procedures. They welcome any special interests with plenty of opportunities for development. They have a strong focus on mental health wellbeing for their team members and a stress-free approach to patient care. They aim to have regular team bonding activities to build stronger relationships with one another.
Day to day duties:
- Delivering personalised, professional and dedicated care to their patients and owners
- Handling and treating all animals
- Regular consults and routine surgery
- Using evidence-based diagnoses, therapies and recommended courses of treatment
- Providing follow-up care and education of their pet owners
- Confidently working as a sole practitioner in the clinic when required
There is an opportunity to work part-time hours and the role involves 1 in 4 Saturday shifts.
- A flexible and adaptable approach, with a commitment to gold standards of care
- Passion for pets (naturally), with excellent animal handling skills
- Registration or eligibility for veterinary registration in Australia
- Exceptional organisational, communication and customer service skills
- Interest in, and commitment to, working in a team environment
The practice is located 40 minutes from Melbourne CBD and close to a train station.
- Five weeks annual leave, including one-week study leave
- Competitive salary and benefits in line with experience