Salary: Negotiable DOE
- A growth-focused environment where your development is their priority
- A full-time or part-time permanent role – tell us how you like to work
- Five weeks annual leave, including one-week study leave
- CE programs, free AVA and VIN memberships
- Mental health first aid officers at each clinic
- Free and confidential counselling available 24/7 through LifeWorks
- Competitive salary and benefits in line with experience
Type of Work: Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon
Our clients clinic is well equipped with digital x-ray, ultrasound, in-house pathology, dental x-ray, microscope, 2 consulting rooms (with a third to be added during their upcoming renovations along with a new dog ward!), a separate theatre, a treatment room and a nice tearoom for relaxation. What sets their clinic apart is the level of care and compassion that the team provide for their patients. Their team are extremely supportive of each other, and all believe practicing gold standard health care. They are all very empathetic for the patients and their owners. They see a range of clients from different backgrounds, with an overall 50:50 mix of dogs and cats and with the occasional pocket pet.
The location offers city facilities with a small-town feel. It has great schools, universities and medical facilities and easy access to Melbourne and the surf coast. With picturesque surrounds and a vibrant arts and culture community and top-quality restaurants, you will want for nothing.
What you’ll be doing each day
- Delivering personalised, professional and dedicated care to our patients and owners
- Handling and treating all animals
- Regular consults and routine surgery
- Using evidence-based diagnoses, therapies and recommended courses of treatment
- Providing follow-up care and education of our pet owners
- Confidently working as a sole practitioner in the clinic when required
- A flexible and adaptable approach, with a commitment to gold standards of care
- Passion for pets (naturally), with excellent animal handling skills
- Registration or eligibility for veterinary registration in Australia
- Exceptional organisational, communication and customer service skills
- Interest in, and commitment to, working in a team environment
APPLY NOW BELOW.
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new temporary or permanent position please view ALL JOBS or contact us at [email protected]
TheVetService.com is a digitally based international job platform providing all your job needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Webinars – Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.