Salary: $80,000 – $120,000, DOE
Package: Fantastic package available –
● A permanent full-time role with variety
● A variety of vet jobs across their community – you have choices for your vet career
● Four weeks annual leave, and one-week study leave
● Continuing Education programs, free AVA and VIN memberships
● Mental health first aid officers at each clinic
● Competitive salary and benefits in line with experience
Type of Work: Veterinary Medicine Specialist
Job Details: Our client is looking for a Medicine Specialist to join their team on a part-time or full-time fixed-term contract or permanent basis. The Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) is a 24-hour emergency and specialist referral hospital with a dedicated team working across ECC, Internal Medicine and Surgery. They aim to provide a comprehensive emergency and referral service to veterinarians, their clients and their patients.
Due to their expanding case load, the Medicine Department is seeking a patient-focused small animal internal Medicine Specialist to work with two registered internal medicine specialists, a medicine Intern and a team of highly skilled medical nurses. Choose a fixed-term contract of 6 to 12 months, or a permanent role, involving working up to 4 weekday shifts Monday to Friday, primarily focused on referral case load from general practices throughout Victoria as well as internal referral from a busy Emergency and Critical Care service. This position is available for immediate start.
Responsibilities of the Position
• Consultations, diagnostic investigation and treatment/management of small animal internal medicine cases.
Your Qualifications and Skills
• Registered specialist with AVBC (Australasian Veterinary Boards Council) in Small Animal, Canine or Feline Internal medicine
• Ability to perform advanced diagnostic imaging will be highly regarded (but not essential).
• Knowledge of RxWorks and Smartflow will be highly regarded (but not essential)
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing work environments and schedules
• Ability to work sole charge, but also as part of a close-knit team
• Exceptional time management and organisational skills
• Exceptional customer service and strong communication skills
• Highly motivated, strong work ethic, mature and responsible
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a short-term role or looking to try-out the position before committing to a permanent role. The successful candidate will be exposed to a varied and interesting caseload, making a difference to highly critical patients. Relocation packages and support available for interstate and international Vets. International Vets would need to commit to a permanent role.
The team is friendly and supportive, the hospital has state-of-the-art facilities including an onsite MRI, onsite CT, Olympus endoscope suite and Phillips ultrasound equipment. The pay is commensurate to experience, and ongoing training is encouraged.
If you are interested in this role and require further information, please:
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and The Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education – Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.