Job Details: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Nurse to join our clients friendly and supportive team based in Tyne and Wear!
This is a full-time or part-time role working a minimum of 16 hours per week. Shifts ranging from 7.30am to 8pm, each shift is 8.5 hours including a 30-minute unpaid lunch break. Saturday shifts are one in every ten 8.30am-5pm with the time given back for Saturday hours the following week. One bank holiday a year (excluding Christmas day and New Year’s Day). No out of hours requirements.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of nursing care including clinics and in-patient care before, during and after surgery, schedule 3 surgeries is optional.
They are looking for someone who is happy to be working in a large team, confident in all aspects of surgery/medicine workups and be able to provide high quality clinical care to all pets.
They are one of the only northeast first opinion practice with a CT scanner in the premises. They also have a range of Idexx in-house lab equipment including haematology, biochemistry, a snap test reader and an electrolyte blood gas analyser. Their equipment is modern and functional including digital x-ray, ECG, ultrasound, Laparoscopy, Endoscopy, 3 doppler’s, Bair huggers, multiparameter’s and dental x-ray.
They are a large group of over 60 staff members. They have a great team of nurses including 13 RVNs (mixture of full-time and part-time), 4 SVNs and 3 animal care assistants. A number of their RVNs are trained in schedule 3 procedures, allowing their vets time to deal with more complex cases, and they also have RVNs working towards further qualifications in ECC, behaviour, and feline nursing.
In the Vet team they have medical, surgery and emergency critical care certificate holders as well as rabbit and dental enthusiasts. CPD is supported and actively encouraged within all the teams.
The practice is friendly, with good communication among the staff and often socialise outside of work.
They are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse with a great work ethic and excellent communication skills. They would be willing to employ a newly qualified nurse who is looking to gain further experience in a supportive environment. The ability to work well in a team and have a passion for all aspects of general nursing are essential. The candidate must hold a full clean driving license.
- 6.6 weeks annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Paid Birthday leave
- Company sick pay
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- CPD allowance
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
- All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care