Job Details: We have an excellent opportunity for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our clients amazing team of 6 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 2 Student Veterinary Nurses at their practice based in Sussex.
This is a Full Time or Part Time position with flexibility over working days / hours. Their Full-Time weekly rota consists of a 4-day week working 37.5 hours with no OOH allowing for a great work / life balance. Weekends are 1:6 where you will be responsible for any inpatients, (Saturday is 12 hours and Sunday is 5 hours however it is rare you will work the full two days). Saturday mornings are 1:6. Day to day duties would incorporate all areas of primary care nursing including theatre, in-patient care, lab, and nurse clinics.
They have a varied caseload ranging from routine surgery to orthopaedics and are well equipped with an internal lab, multi-parameter, ultrasound, digital x-ray, K-Laser, and multiple endoscopes. They are a well-established training practice who encourage their nurses to train as Clinical Coaches to assist their student nurses in reaching their full potential.
They have a friendly team of 5 Vets including 2 surgical certificate holders and 8 Nurses, some of which can often be found trying their hand at an escape room, partaking in quiz nights, and enjoying a summer BBQ! They have two Practice Managers who have over 20 years’ experience and are super supportive of the team. They have a truly encouraging and supportive culture and as a result have a close-knit team.
Their ideal candidate would be highly motivated, works well in a team whilst also confident when working independently and thrive in a busy, active environment. Their vacancy is open to all levels of experience, from experienced or newly qualified Veterinary Nurses. They ask that you are competent and confident across all areas of primary care nursing. They are looking for someone who is passionate about maintaining a high level of patient care with excellent bedside manner. CPD is supported and encouraged to ensure all of their staff have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities
• Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
• All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care