Job Details: We are looking to recruit an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our clients team. You will be covering all aspects of this vital job, including consultations, operating, lab work, supporting the student nurses and VCAs, Schedule 3 work, laser therapy and more.
There is the possibility for progression into a Head Nurse position for the right candidate.
They are open to being flexible in terms of days and shift patterns and can offer up to 40 hours a week. Saturday mornings on a rota system (usually around 1:5) is the only weekend work, and the OOH is covered by a third party company. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale on your work life balance. They know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and they want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you are looking to fix or flex your work patterns, they can find the right solution for you.
Our clients have a modern renovated building with two consultation rooms, prep and theatre, digital x-ray including dental x-ray, a new ultrasound, full Idexx lab and a ‘quiet room` with sofas for longer consultations such as Class IV laser therapy or euthanasia’s. Their dog and cat wards are separate for their patient care, and they have an incubator and Bair Hugger for post operative use. Their emphasis is on gold standard client care whilst ensuring happy staff with a good work/life balance.
They have a team of 3 veterinary surgeons, with 4 RVNs, 1 SVN and 2 VCAs. Their reception is staffed by 3 experienced team members who assist their practice manager with many aspects of client care and administration. One of their vets has a surgical certificate and they are all keen to help their RVNs excel in their own interests within their careers: one of our nurses has just completed an ECC certificate, and all are on paths to furthering their skills and knowledge in laser therapy, dentistry, schedule 3 work, nurse clinics and more.
They are looking for a qualified, registered RVN with at least 3 years’ experience for this role; someone who is comfortable working in a collaborative team and happy to carry out consultations, anaesthetics, clinics etc. Someone who is keen to progress quickly to a Head Nurse role would be desirable.
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities
• Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
• All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care