Job Details: Our clients have an amazing opportunity for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team. This is an additional role due to the successful expansion of their nurse clinics.
The role is the full mix of veterinary nursing, no day is the same. They actively encourage their nurses to fully use their skills taking radiographs, taking bloods samples, and starting intravenous fluids in addition to the more routine tasks. You will also take care of in-patients, nurse clinics, monitoring of anaesthesia, assisting in theatre, stock ordering & control. They are developing their nursing clinics with most of their diabetics managed by the nursing team.
They would welcome both full and part time applicants. The full-time role is typically 5 days per week with shifts ranging from 8am to 5pm and 10am – 7pm, (you will have no more than two late shifts per week). Saturday mornings are 1:4 and this is paid as overtime. There is no OOH associated with this role. However, they will consider flexible hours if you need to work them around commitments or childcare, it is important they can provide a work life balance for everyone.
They are a well-equipped small friendly practice who love learning and teaching, established for 62 years on their current site they really are part of the community. Sharing all their knowledge is something they love to do, your opinion and input matters to them. They say their practice is like a patchwork quilt, everyone has a piece to bring to create the full picture, from the cleaner to receptionists to the Clinical Directors to you, everyone has importance and value of different shapes and sizes. They live and breathe by their unique team approach, and they thrive with that ethos.
Their experienced and supportive team is made up of 4 Veterinary Surgeons, 9 support team members, 1 cleaner and they are building the team to 5 RVNs. Sharing all their knowledge is something they love to do, your opinion and input matters to them. They live and breathe by their unique team approach, and they thrive with that ethos. Overall, they are looking for someone who takes joy in coming to work and offering excellent patient care, utilising fear free techniques.
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities
• Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
• All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care