Job Details: We have an exciting opportunity for a Head Nurse to join our clients team based in London. You will be supporting the Veterinary Surgeon with consultations and procedures, nursing hospitalised and day patients, helping with reception duties, stock control, and infection control. You will initially be the sole RVN however they are looking to expand the team to two Nurses in total therefore someone who is interested in mentoring is desirable. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Head Nurse or RVN looking for a step up as they particularly encourage progression, development and welcome new ideas / ways of working.
Their RVNs usually work Monday to Friday between 8.30am – 6.30pm including a Saturday rota with no OOH. However, their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexed with you and your lifestyle. They would welcome both full and part time applicants and they can flex to suit you, whether that is discussing condensed hours, reduced working days or a fixed rota pattern with a set day off.
Their practice is well equipped including an operating theatre, x-ray, ultrasound, and much more. Their waiting areas and kennels are separated for cats and dogs, they also are a silver status cat-friendly clinic.
They are looking for someone who has experience working as a sole nurse or within a small team, but not essential. Must be registered with the RCVS. Part time role would be better suited for a nurse with some head nurse experience or team management experience but will be supported to grow these skills also.
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 24 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities
- Access to Vetlexicon – their online encyclopaedia provider
- All their Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
Quality Improvement Programme
Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
Discounted staff pet care