Salary: $70,000 and above, DOE
- Salary review after 3 months employment
- Generous CPD allowance
- Annual Practicing Certificate and Professional subscriptions
- Relocation package
- Assistance with finding initial accommodation
- Long-term opportunities +/- Practice ownership for the right candidate
Type of Work: Mixed Animal Associate Veterinary Surgeon, Permanent, Full-Time
Job Details: Our client are looking for another Vet to join their team, and whilst they are looking for a mixed practitioner, a large or small animal bias can be accommodated. Their preference would be for a full-time Vet, but they can be flexible in the hours they are looking to fill; with several part-time staff, they understand that Monday-Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm may not be the easiest to manage with family or other commitments.
They are open 8.30am-5.30pm, with no weekend clinics and a 1-in-6 OOH roster or better throughout the year, apart from 10-12 weeks in Spring where we have two Vets on-call. There is always a Veterinary Nurse on-call over the weekend to assist with emergencies and in-patient care during the busier Spring period. Emergencies permitting, this clinic try to ensure that everyone gets their allocated breaks and finishes on time. This is a great team of Vets of varying experience and someone is always happy to lend a hand if more hands, more experience or just some friendly encouragement is required. They have an established client base, the vast majority of whom are friendly, polite, and understanding of other work commitments and emergencies.
This is a truly mixed practice;
- Dairy comprises the majority of the large animal work; they have some great clients who give them the opportunity for involvement in their business on a more intensive basis, so they have vets trained in InCalf, Healthy Hoof and with interests in Dairy Nutrition.
- There is a good mix of sheep, beef, deer & horse work, with scope to grow these areas of the practice.
- The companion animal side of the practice is continually growing and they see a lot of challenging medicine, soft tissue and orthopaedic cases.
- With the nearest referral practice in Christchurch, they perform a lot of surgery in-house, proving to be both challenging and incredibly rewarding for all of the vets.
- With a team of four Diploma-qualified Veterinary Nurses, one of whom also doubles up as a Rural Animal Technician, they have plenty of support available to ensure optimal care for our patients.
This is a super area to work in, with beautiful beaches 30 minutes away, mountains 2 hours away and the most stunning ‘office’ scenery to drive through on a daily basis. The clinic is 40 minutes from Invercargill, 2 hours from Queenstown and there are direct flights to both Christchurch and Auckland from Invercargill. They have an abundance of outdoor sporting opportunities, but if this isn’t your thing, they also have excellent local indoor sporting facilities to cover most interests. With the buoyant economy in Southland and most industries crying out for staff, there are plenty of job opportunities for partners making the move with you.
If you are interested in this role and require further information please:
APPLY NOW BELOW
If this role is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new permanent or temporary position, please see ALL JOBS.
You can also contact us via email on [email protected] or call +44 (0) 1218 177 864 to speak to your personal area advisor.
TheVetService.com is a global digital vet job platform providing all your career needs in the veterinary industry.
Our Services Include:
Clinical Jobs – Locum and Permanent Opportunities for vets and nurses in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Northern Ireland and the Republic Of Ireland.
Commercial Jobs – Industry and commercial roles from sales to technical advisory positions within many corporate and independent businesses active in the veterinary industry. From Pharmaceutical, wholesaler to financial positions your next step in your career is just a click away.
Education – Flexible, Cost Effective Digital Professional Development.
Register today for your free digital portal access and support from one of our expert team on contracts, visas, legislation and payment advice amongst other things.
All conversations are of course confidential.